Technical Product Owner
We are looking for an experienced and capable technical product owner with a systems integration focus to lead the development of a new product stream that will be transformational for the LearnPro Group.
The role will sit between conventional product ownership and systems integration management. We need someone who can hit the ground running to understand a complex area and rapidly develop and document the project requirements before working with various stakeholders to deliver outstanding results. Some of the requirements from this programme will be technical and non-functional so familiarity with systems integrations will be an advantage. Any experience in games development will also be helpful since our core system is a simulation system based on the Unity games engine.
You will need to run functional workshops and tease out requirements from non-specialists, then document and translate requirements to the level that development teams can understand. In addition, you will create presentations, wireframes and mocked screens as needed – communicating with every part of the business and managing external suppliers. As such, the successful candidate must be self-assured and able to challenge poor UX suggestions from all areas and levels of the organisation, with the CTO and programme steering committee’s backing and support.
Reporting to the CTO and the programme steering group, but supported by the in-house product management team, this role is initially a 1 year contract that we envisage converting to a permanent role if everything works well.
The role will be hybrid with some time in our Delft office and some travel to suppliers and very occasional trips to the programme delivery location in Singapore. The LearnPro Group’s working language is English but the main office is in The Netherlands so fluent Dutch is also a requirement.
- Act as product owner and product manager for the new programme within the Production Department team
- Wrangle all documentation containing existing knowledge and map these to the requirements matrix of the programme
- Document existing technical architecture of the project environment at a high level
- Map requirements to technical options, using input from stakeholders involving multiple system suppliers
- Create well-structured information output for the steering committee and stakeholders
- Run workshops to elicit requirements within the business and produce user stories, personas, wireframes, prototypes, journey maps, presentations and designs as required
- Quality check development work with assistance from the test team
- Champion good UX and design across the business
Skills and Experience
- Graduate with a computer-related or technical degree, preferably in human factors or UX - but ability is more important than degree background
- 5+ years' professional experience working as a product owner or product manager
- Experience with analysing market opportunity, competitive landscape, and customer needs, conducting research as necessary
- Experience researching, prototyping, designing, testing and building web products (preferably web and simulation/games)
- Must be commercially focused and collaborate well with cross-business stakeholders, clients, and development teams to execute the roadmap on time.
- Technical understanding of integrations between systems (technical use of different API types, sockets, RPC calls)
- Enough infrastructure knowledge to understand networking implications of chosen solutions
- Ability to document complex systems in English
- Ability to work out the best technical path from competing options
- Supplier negotiation on requirements and design
- Reliable and diligent
- Confident and able to challenge poor assumptions without condescending
- Good attention to detail with a focus on good design
- Willingness to champion good design and mentor others in best practice
- Fast learner
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities to learn new skills
- Join a sociable and enthusiastic team
- Help develop amazing products that contribute to a safer world
- Join a company already operating in 45 countries at an exciting time of growth
- Hybrid working is possible
About the LearnPro Group
LearnPro Group is the global leader in virtual reality and e-learning solutions for the health, fire, police and other emergency services. The combined software suite made up of learnPro, pdrPro and XVR Simulation provides a platform for learning management, authoring, competency reporting and training, including an immersive virtual reality simulation training platform. The suite of products is used by leading public sector institutions to train and manage over 250,000 emergency service and health care staff each year. Visit www.learnprogroup.com for more information.Overzicht